Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Epitaph of a Microwave


For two reasons, this was a significant event in my life. First of all, this microwave was one of the nicest wedding presents we got (thanks Gram, Shelley, and Dad?) and when it started making abnormal zapping noises and smelled like burning metal, we had to toss it...and I realized I've been married long enough for one of our nicest presents to fail. But this is not all. When we went to replace it, we couldn't afford to get one even as nice as the first and ended up with a mini-me version that only cost us $45 (thanks to a leftover Christmas Visa card...thanks again Aunt Shelley)...and I realized that I've been married that long AND we could only afford a teeny tiny microwave. However sad this story is, it has a happy ending because the time spent living as students is temporary, just like microwaves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think ours is about to go out as well, and I've had similar thoughts - there's no way we'll be able to get one as nice as this one! Ahhh....loans & poverty - it's a great life. I suggest everyone try it.